Welcome to Scioto County Daily News (SCDN). We’re a local news organization focused on bringing the most relevant, local news and events to Scioto County and our neighboring communities. Our coverage includes breaking news and events as well as many of the great things members of the community are doing to help our area recover from the challenges we’ve faced in recent years. We believe that Progress Inspires Change.
Report without bias. Tell the truth without compromise.
MEET OUR TEAM
- Betty SmithLive Reporter, Photographer, Videographer I Love to go live with all important interviews, community events, and feel good stories.
- CYN MackleyCyn Mackley is an investigative crime journalist, former television producer, tech journalist, and Trojan for life who sometimes turns the interesting...
- Dale PowellI hold a bachelor's degree from Ohio University, a Masters's Degree from East Tennessee State University and post-graduate work at the University of P...
- Evan GreenEvan Green is a young reporter and journalism student from West Portsmouth, Ohio. During his career, Evan has worked for a number of news publications...
- Kayla KeenaKayla is a writer, artist, and designer from the Chicagoland area. She incorporates her creativity to produce work that is informative and thought-pro...
- Kendall RobinsonKendall Robinson is a writer and graphics designer. She comes from a long line of Appalachian women who aren't afraid to say what they think.
- Ross MadisonOriginally from Maysville, Ky, I moved to Scioto County in 2014. Deemed "Non-Essential" and laid off during the pandemic. Having a work family that em...
Scioto County, Ohio, is my home. I was born and raised here. I share with you many memories of Portsmouth, Dreamland, Skatelan, downtown, cruising, River Days, boat races, fireworks, Marting’s, and going to church every time the doors were open. As a proud Eagle Scout from Troop 43 in Friendship, Ohio, the wonderful resources of our Shawnee Forest and the amazing river system still rank at the top of my “memory reel”.
Like many, I went on adventures and lived in other areas. Over the years, I saw the narrative about our town begin to change. When I visited, the faces looked different. For a time, it fed the theory that I was better off in another town. Then, life dealt me a serious setback. I returned home for family support, advocacy, and health care.
Although my body sometimes doesn’t cooperate, my passion and drive remain intact. We’re now experiencing an uptick in progress. Apathy is no longer the order of the day. There is a chance to add a voice to the murmurs. With this site, I want the citizens’ voices to be heard loud and clear–and you’ve responded by the tens of thousands.
With your participation, SCDN has become the largest media outlet in the history of Southern Ohio. You did that, not me, and I am forever grateful. We will continue to grow, we will continue to thrive. #CHOOSEYOURPORTSMOUTH
ADVERTISE WITH US
Thank you for considering SCDN to help grow your business. We are the largest online community in Southern Ohio and have custom advertising solutions to fit your needs. To speak with a sales representative, please contact us.